Tuesday, June 6, 2017

New Beginnings to an Ongoing Journey

Hi, it's me, Nancy! I am so excited to be back with those of you who have followed along on my website. To those who are new to my writings, welcome! This has been quite a journey, changing from a website to a blog. It shouldn't have been, though.

Last January I decided to move from a website to a blog to post devotions and Scripture that I had been sharing every week. I had a great mentor volunteer to help me so it should not have taken more than a couple of days at most to make the move. Uh, nope. Not quite.

After an unexpected right shoulder surgery (I am right handed), I still believed I could get everything set up. But something called "Pain from the Depths of Hades" hit me. My surgeon told me that having shoulder surgery was the most painful surgery one could have. I remember looking at his face and thinking "I had three children with NO anesthetic; how painful could it possibly be?!"

HE. WAS. RIGHT.

I'm sorry for ever doubting you, sir.

And then, just as I began to use my right arm again, I was hit with a huge blow. Evidently my body likes to form adhesion's after surgery so I had a second surgery on my shoulder to tear them loose.

But, at last, I am healing. After countless hours of physical therapy at the hospital and now therapy twice a day for a year at home, I can quite honestly tell you that the pain is gone, the blog is getting started, and I am deeply grateful to the Lord for an arm that can once again open the refrigerator door, wipe a nose or pick up a fork.

So many things that I took for granted are now precious experiences for me. And one of those things is writing devotions from the Lord to my heart to yours.

You are invited on this journey with me. I am directionally challenged and get lost in closets and small bathrooms. I really want a face to face with the Lord every day but struggle with a face to face once a week! My goal is to never gossip or be unkind and then I go to Wal-Mart and get in a slow checkout line.

Can you relate?

Come meet me in my War Room as we sink into Scripture and soak up Truth. God is faithful!

Matthew 6:6 (NIV) says "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

2 comments:

Fix It, God!

  “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perse...